Espacial, Revista de temas contemporáneos sobre lugares, política y cultura is an electronic scientific journal published two times a year (January-June and July-December) by the Social Sciences Department of the Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana- Cuajimalpa. The journal’s aim is to analyze the spatial dimension of several social practices, ways of organization and political action from a multidisciplinary perspective. It highlights the different territorial spectrums and their interactions (global, regional, local). The objective is to show the diversity and complexity of social and cultural processes. It publishes original articles in Spanish and English of theoretical, empirical, and applied theory on the next topics and problems: theories and methods to analyze socio-spatial phenomena, spatial justice, and democracy, regionalism and globalization, urban studies, multiculturalism and social identities, gender and space, the geography of political representation and elections, socio-territorial conflicts, government, and population mobility.Espacialidades exhorts the academic community to send articles and book reviews for the next issues.
Espacialidades exhorts the academic community to send articles and book reviews for the next issues. The Call for Papers is open from January 20th, to April 10th. Send your contributions to the next electronic address:
You can submit:
Original works of theoretical, empirical or applied theory about one of the proposed fields of analysis (or one that the committee considers pertinent) that contributes to the diffusion of topics found in the dialogue between the spatial and the social. The research articles must have an extension of 15 to 35 pages.
As well as Book Reviews.
Analysis and commentaries of significant bibliographical novelties, national or foreign, with an extension of 3 to 10 pages. If there is more than one book review within the same text, the extension can reach up to 15 pages.
General General Guidelines
- Sending: authors must send their articles to: email@example.com
Before April 10th, 2017
- Work originality policy.A letter must be sent, stating that the article is original and has not been published, or is not under revision for another magazine or editorial.
- Peer reviewThe articles will be under the evaluation of the Editorial Committee, once approved, two specialists in the corresponding field will perform a peer revision anonymously. The revision will be a blind review process, and the specialists will determine if the article is a) approved as it is; b) in need of changes; c) rejected; d) in need of rewriting for a new evaluation.
If one review is positive, and the other is negative, a third revision will be required. The author will have the final result in a letter send by email. The result is unquestionable.
If the text is approved, we will get in touch with the author to polish edition details for the definite version.
- The submitted document must be in Word format, Arial font, 12 points; paper in letter size (21.5 x 28 cm), with superior and inferior margins of 2.5 cm, and left and right margins of 3 cm, with a line spacing of 1.5. The articles must be 15 pages as minimum and 35 as maximum (including notes, charts, pictures, maps, quotes, and cited work). The charts, maps, and images must be sent in a separated file. The reviews must not reach 10 pages, unless they are of more than one book, in this case, it can reach up to 15 pages. We recommend that the title does not exceed 80 characters, spaces included, and it must be in English and Spanish.
You can see all the information in:
- The contributions, excluding the reviews, must include:
- An English and Spanish abstract no longer than 500 words that must have: 1.An introduction where the topic is problematized. 2. The objectives of the article; 3. The hypothesis and argument; 4. The methodology and applied methods; 5. Main contributions of the research made; and 6. The results and conclusions of the article.
- A list of five key words in English related to the content of the text.
- The reviews must be about recent academic books (published up to last year) or of new editions of classics that cast new light on recent problems.